On 10/18/19 2:44 PM, Joseph, Matthew via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hello,

I’m currently running into an issue when trying to do the ipa-replica-install.

I did the ipa-replica-prepare command and copied the replica gpg file to the new replica server and run the following command to do the install

Ipa-replica-install –setup-ca –setup-dns –no-forwarders /var/lib/ipa/replica-info-server.domain.ca.gpg

I get the following error part way through the process;

DatabaseError: Server is unwilling to perform: modification of attribute nsds5replicaleasetimeout is not allowed in replica entry

I looked at the log and saw the following’

DEBUG The ipa-replica-install command failed, exception: DatabaseError: Server is unwilling to perform: Modification of attribute nsds5replicaleasetimeout is not allowed in replica entry

ERROR Server is unwilling to perform: modification of attribute nsds5replicaleasetimeout is not allowed in replica entry

I did a search and could not find the nsds5replicaleasetimeoute entry in LDAP.

Is this something I can add myself? Or is there something else that needs to be done? I don’t see much information on this error when searching.

Hi,
your issue looks similar to https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/7796.

I had a replica before and removed it so I’m not quite sure what is going on with this.

The only difference I can see between the 2 replica’s is this new one is running a slightly newer version of RHEL, IPA and 389.

Master Server information:

RHEL 7.1

IPA version 4.1.0-18

389-ds 1.3.3.1-13

Can you check first if the attribute nsds5replicaleasetimeout is properly defined on your master?

# ldapsearch -D "cn=directory manager" -W -x -b cn=schema attributetypes | grep -i nsds5ReplicaReleaseTimeout

This command should return the attribute type definition. If it's not the case, then you need to run copy-schema-to-ca.py on the master as described in https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/linux_domain_identity_authentication_and_policy_guide/migrate-6-to-7#migrate-6-7-schema-update-script, then create the replica file. This will add the attribute definition to the schema on the server.

If the command returns the attr definition, please upload the full ipa-replica-install log (/var/log/ipa-replica-install..log) and the access log from the server (var/log/dirsrv/slapd-DOMAIN/access) as it will show which entry failed to be updated.

flo

Replica Server Information:

RHEL 7.7

IPA Version 4.6.5-11