On 11/18/19 11:24 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Auerbach, Steven via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Executed ipa-replica-prepare on an RHEL 6.9 server running ipa-server
3.0.0.1_51  (name : ipa01)

Yum installed ipa-server, ipa-server-dns, bind-dyndb-ldap on the target
Linux 7.6 server (name: ipa04)

Copied the file to the target server to which ipa-server 4.6.5-11.0.1 is
installed (ipa04)

Copied the file :/usr/share/ipa/copy-schema-to-ca.py from ipa v4.6
server to the ipa v3.0 server and executed it successfully.

Edited the /etc/resolv.con on ipa04 to include ipa01. Did not reboot.

Executed ipa-replica-install --setup-dns --forwarder=8.8.8.8 --setup-ca
/var/lib/ipa/replica-info-ipa04.fbog.local.gpg (on ipa04)

2019-11-16T16:23:24Z DEBUG The ipa-replica-install command failed,
exception: NotFound: wait_for_entry timeout on
ldap://ipa01.fbog.local:389 for
krbprincipalname=HTTP/ipa04.fbog.local@FBOG.LOCAL,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=fbog,dc=local

2019-11-16T16:23:24Z ERROR wait_for_entry timeout on
ldap://ipa01.fbog.local:389 for
krbprincipalname=HTTP/ipa04.fbog.local@FBOG.LOCAL,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=fbog,dc=local

Not sure where to go from here.  Did I leave out some declaration or
specification on the initial command?
The problem isn't in the command invocation, replication is just slow
enough for some reason that the new principal(s) weren't replicated to
the existing master.

I seem to recall a 389-ds option to mitigate this but I can't remember
it off the to of my head (or maybe it isn't applicable for RHEL 6
master). cc'ing someone who would know.

rob

It is difficult to be sure without  all logs (ipa-replica-install, DS logs) and config. From the top of my head I recall an old bug where the replica agreement replica->master was failing to bind because master did not lookup the updated bind group.

Rob, is it the bug you were thinking of ?

If it is this bug, you may try to set nsds5ReplicaBindDNGroupCheckInterval

ldapmodify -h <master_host> -p 389 -D "cn=directory manager" -W
dn:  cn=replica,cn=<suffix>, cn=mapping tree,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsds5ReplicaBindDNGroupCheckInterval
nsds5ReplicaBindDNGroupCheckInterval: 3

This modification does not require restart.

best regards
thierry