I can clean up our code, but it’s for a Kerberos pwqual plugin. That doesn’t
seem to be the approach you’re using. We’re actually using code from Stanford
that’s configurable for all kinds of policies, but we’re only using it for the
database. Code that just checks the database would be much simpler.  I’m using
an sqlite database, but I’d be happy with other formats if you have a
preference. (Stanford was doing additional checks that really needed something
as powerful as SQL. We’d implementing the NIST recommendation strictly, and
don’t need those other checks._