iam pollux via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have:
> - a CA with Freeipa
> - a sub CA with Freeipa too
> - a server with certmonger installed on and connected to the sub CA
> - an external client without freeipa neither Certmonger.
>
> CA, sub CA and server are on the same realm: domaine.fr
> The external client is on a different realm: newdomaine.fr
>
> My goal is to generate a certificate for the external client.
>
> So, with the web ui in the sub ca, i've added the DNS zone newdomaine.fr and
> the host external.domaine.fr .
>
> From the server when i run the command below:
>
> ipa-getcert request -v -f /etc/pki/tls/certs/externe.crt -k
> /etc/pki/tls/private/externe.key -N CN=externe.domaine.fr -D
> externe.newdomaine.fr -K host/externe.newdomaine...@sub.domaine.fr -I externe
>
> i get the result is:
> Request ID 'externe':
>       status: CA_REJECTED
>       ca-error: Server at https://subca.domaine.fr/ipa/xml denied our
> request, giving up: 2100 (RPC failed at server.  Insufficient access:
> Insufficient 'write' privilege to the 'userCertificate' attribute of entry
> 'fqdn=externe.newdomaine.fr,cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=sub,dc=domaine,dc=fr'.).
>
> I don't understand because the host is added.
> Could you explain to me how to fix that please?

certmonger executes using the host principal of the machine it is
running on. By default a host can only issue certs for itself or for its
own services. You can grant permissions for a host to issue certificates
for another host or service. This is covered towards the end of
https://rcritten.wordpress.com/2018/11/26/how-do-i-get-a-certificate-for-my-web-site-with-ipa/

rob