From: Alexander Bokovoy <aboko...@redhat.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 11:00
To: Daniel White <daniel.e.wh...@nasa.gov>
Cc: FreeIPA users list <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>, Rob Crittenden
<rcrit...@redhat.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Freeipa-users] Re: Is there any documentation for the
ipapython library ?

On ke, 12 helmi 2020, White, Daniel E. (GSFC-770.0)[NICS] wrote:
Many thanks for the ansible pointer, Alexander.

As far as API automation, I see two immediate use-cases (and I will file an
issue)
1. Some bundled commands for use by IdM admins for user management:
Add a user along with all the necessary additional permissions.   These
would use the admin-user's current keytab.

2. Information gathering scripts.  Is it possible to set up a read-only
service keytab for this ?

I want to use Python to be able to capture and process the responses
without all the extra console output of the command line.

Both these requests are already possible with existing Python API.