On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 9:12 AM Fraser Tweedale via FreeIPA-users
<freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

> > > I think it's fine to change ipa-certupdate so it skips expired /
> > > not-yet-valid certs.
> > >
> > > IMO we should never automatically prune expired certs from the LDAP
> > > trust store, so that if customer needs to do time travel to fix an
> > > issue, the old CA certs will still be there and an ipa-certupdate
> > > will "restore" them to the various certificate DBs.
> > >
> > > And for the same reason, I'd be hesitant to offer a UI to prune
> > > expired certs from the trust store.
> >
> > I agree. So, we still need a ticket for ipa-certupdate to gain an
> > explicit option to ignore expired certs.
> >
> I think we can ignore (i.e. not install) expired certs by default.
> And maybe have option to install all certs even if expired.

Yes. While the current behavior does not lead to any malfunctioning
service, various useful tools cease to function when the first cert in
ca.crt is expired.

> What would customers expect?  It is not the first time a customer
> was surprised to see expired certs there and asked about it.

My guess: not having the tools above fail in the first place.

Cheers
François