From: Kristian Petersen via FreeIPA-users <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
Sent: 16 March 2020 21:57
To: FreeIPA users list <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
Cc: Kristian Petersen <nesre...@chem.byu.edu>
Subject: [Freeipa-users] Some users unable to log in to host

Hey all,

I have a user that is trying to log into a host that is configured to have
access restricted via an HBAC rule.  This user is a member of one of the groups
defined in the HBAC rule that should be granted access.  When this user tries
to SSH in to this host, they get 3 consecutive password prompts like
"Password:" and then one like "username@domain's password:" and then they get a
response of "Permission denied, please try again."  I am not seeing any entries
in the messages log or secure log for this user from these log in attempts.
Anyone have any thoughts about why this is happening?
--
Kristian Petersen
System Administrator