On 4/29/20 2:30 PM, Tiemen Ruiten wrote:
> Hello Petr,
>
> Thank you for the pointers. Even without DNSSEC validation, the query
> doesn't return the A-record. Delv also returns SERVFAIL. What I do see at
> DNSViz
> <https://dnsviz.net/d/download.wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie.nl/dnssec/>,
> is "NSEC3 proving non-existence of
> download.wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie". That doesn't look normal, if I
> compare it with mijn.ing.nl (hostname of a major bank in NL) there is no
> such output. I'll try to contact the domain administrators and get them to
> fix it
>
> I tried to set the NTA, but it also didn't make a difference. Is there any
> other way I could semi-permanently (until the domain administrators fix it)
> work around this error?

I don't know what the issue is. I am sorry, do not know how can I help.

I tried this command:
for NS in $(dig +short ns wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie.nl); do dig
+dnssec +short download.wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie.nl @$NS; done
185.87.187.229
A 8 2 3600 20200507000000 20200416000000 27409
wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie.nl.
Kg7KcdhcilEWlDrSFNf87n0TYXK7Os8rKFcQOcOcR/5Sppn3Gp6H/63S
Htw62Qcy4lhkV+cM8xBZHFVhsLoXeOfaVAU7kcn9W0vNoB+lLC+V/qAm
JDPl/7a8n5mJMoiRRR2VcX4EFNYEyrsMWa0XFW7ukVmCqDCWnX8n/8kR Irk=
A 8 2 3600 20200507000000 20200416000000 27409
wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie.nl.
Kg7KcdhcilEWlDrSFNf87n0TYXK7Os8rKFcQOcOcR/5Sppn3Gp6H/63S
Htw62Qcy4lhkV+cM8xBZHFVhsLoXeOfaVAU7kcn9W0vNoB+lLC+V/qAm
JDPl/7a8n5mJMoiRRR2VcX4EFNYEyrsMWa0XFW7ukVmCqDCWnX8n/8kR Irk=
185.87.187.229
185.87.187.229
A 8 2 3600 20200507000000 20200416000000 27409
wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie.nl.
Kg7KcdhcilEWlDrSFNf87n0TYXK7Os8rKFcQOcOcR/5Sppn3Gp6H/63S
Htw62Qcy4lhkV+cM8xBZHFVhsLoXeOfaVAU7kcn9W0vNoB+lLC+V/qAm
JDPl/7a8n5mJMoiRRR2VcX4EFNYEyrsMWa0XFW7ukVmCqDCWnX8n/8kR Irk=

It looks ok on the first glance. I could not find anything similar to
dnsviz.net in responses. Would it be possible just some geolocation
nodes are broken and others work? delv works fine on that name to me. I
do not have IPv6 connectivity, if that changes anything.

I have never seen such diagram for a name on dnsviz. I think there is
definitely something wrong with their server, maybe not only wrong
signatures. It should be in your named-pkcs11 logs when rndc trace was
increased to 5 at least.

Checking what their servers responded would be most important. It seems
I see different result than dnsviz.net. Checking from different regions
might help, is possible.

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:52 AM Petr Menšík via FreeIPA-users <
> freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tiemen,
>>
>> it might help you to use dig and delv to debug dns related issues.
>> SERVFAIL is quite often some issue in DNSSEC validation. To ensure
>> validation is reponsible, try just:
>>
>>     dig +cd download.wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie.nl
>>
>> It it succeeds, validation is responsible. Quite good tool to discover
>> what is wrong in that is delv. Use +vtrace to get details. If your server
>> provides recursive service, try targetting it with @127.0.0.1.
>>
>>     delv +cd +vtrace @127.0.0.1
>> download.wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie.nl
>>
>> If it tells you fully validated, it is ok. Try removing +cd. When it still
>> validates, bind should get the same results. Only cached records may
>> produce different results.
>>
>> Try flushing cache under that domain:
>>
>>     rndc flushtree wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie.nl
>>
>> In case owner of that domain fixed the signature, it might help. If this
>> did not help and you are quite sure this is uninteded error, temporary
>> validation exception could be set. Before you do it, you should be
>> confident noone tried to push you wrong answer into your cache. Usually, it
>> should be error on domain server's that its operator had not yet fixed.
>>
>>     rndc nta wisselkoersenvoorjeadministratie.nl
>>
>> Note NTA is time limited for a reason. Correct is fixing it on
>> authoritative servers and flushing just cached tree. Check man rndc for
>> details.
>>
>> named-pkcs11 trace logs would get you similar messages to delv. But I find
>> delv easier to use if possible.
>>
>> Validation of www.regenboog-lelystad.nl. failed few minutes ago to me,
>> but seems to be fixed now.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Petr

Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
Red Hat, http://www.redhat.com/
email: pemen...@redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB