Kent Brodie via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> It's been upgraded from a previous version.
>
> But the NTPD configuration was never removed.   It's still there, and ntpd is
> started by freeipa after every boot, even though the ntp system service is
> disabled (via systemd).

Services are managed by ipactl and not systemd.

Look to see if the NTP service is enable (I imagine it is):

$ kinit admin
$ ipa server-role-find --server <fqdn>

As Flo said, the removal should have been handled by ipa-server-upgrade
but you can use ldapdelete to drop the service entry from LDAP:

$ ldapdelete -Y GSSAPI
cn=NTP,cn=<fqdn>,cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=example,dc=test

Removing the entry will prevent ipactl from managing it so you'll need
to manually stop it.

rob