Am Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 07:39:44PM -0000 schrieb iulian roman via FreeIPA-users:
> I do not use ldap_group_name in IPA. I'll describe bellow an example
> for an override , because probably it all has to do with the
> 'sAMAccountName' :
>
> Example of user  and group in AD:
>
> user: testuser - AD name 'testuser' - AD 'sAMAccountName'  'testuser' -
> uidNumber:23634 gidNumber:23634
> group: testuser - AD name 'testuser' - AD 'sAMAccountName'  'ux-testuser' -
> gidNumber: 23634
>
> Example of the override for the above mentioned user in IPA (Default Trust
> View)
> User to override: testu...@example.com
> User Login: testuser
> UID: 23634
> GID: 23634

Hi,

maybe there is some unexpected interaction with the code which
automatically handles user private groups and the manual creation of a
user private group with the id-overrides.

Have you tried if the behavior is more reliable if you change the GID in
user override and group to e.g. 10023634 ?

bye,
Sumit