Aloha.  I've configured our IdM server as an OpenLDAP identity provider for our
VMware vCenter 6.7 server.  I'm able to login to our vCenter as the IdM user
with username and password, but I'm unable to authenticate using smart card
authentication.  My IdM domain is "xxxx.xxxx.mil", but my smart card is issued
by the DoD, and the Subject Alternative Name (SAN) on my identity certificate
shows  ex."Principal Name=1234567897000@mil".  When we used Active Directory
authentication with vCenter, the user account properties for UPN needed to
match the SAN value (ex.1234567897000@mil) from the users identiy certificate.
That said, if our domain name is ""xxxx.xxxx.mil", is it possible to have an
IdM user account with username "first.last.usr" and a SSL certificate mapping
that uses all or a portion of the SAN value (ex. "Principal
Name=123456789700@mil") for smart card authentication?