> On ti, 20 heinä 2021, Joseph Fry via FreeIPA-users wrote:
>
> Regardless what compatibility plugin represents, the resulting entries
> are processed by 389-ds LDAP server core. They have to follow the logic
> and rules defined in 389-ds.
>
> As Rob said, defining an object class for 'computer' is the only option.
> There is another one, of course, to relax schema checks in the whole
> 389-ds, but it would mean eventually breaking the consistency of this
> deployment as other schema violations would not be detected.
>
> Filing a feature request to 389-ds will not help. They have spent
> several years going into the opposite direction and enforcing the schema
> everywhere.
Thank you Alexander.

Can anyone provide an example of an update file that adds an objectclass to the
schema.  I find tons of examples using .ldif files, but I am hoping to make
this a one file solution.

I would really rather not define the attributes for the new objectclasses, I
assume there is a way to make it an extensible objectclass or something similar?