Great many thanks, that worked really well.One quick question, I need to add the SRV
records after running ad-trust-install  to the DNS but the main WIndows AD corporate
DNS is not very useful for those type of SRV records so I would like to install ipa's
DNS add on and i found this article
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/FreeIPA_Guide/enabling-dns.html
but I am wondering it's a smart thing to do or should I just setup a bind DNS server
instead?RegardsPerOn 1 Nov 2021, at 13:08, Alexander Bokovoy
<aboko...@redhat.com> wrote:On ma, 01 marras 2021, Per Qvindesland via
FreeIPA-users wrote:Hi  I am busy setting up Samba with Freeipa authentication, I
have been  following
[1]https://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Integrating_a_Samba_File_Server_With_IPA and
tired it on both Centos 7 and Ubuntu 20.04 but both is failing the  authentication
with:  root@no-oslh-smb2:/home/luser# smbclient -K -L 10.93.150.74 -U pqvindes  Enter
PROXDYNAMICS\pqvindes's password:  session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE  The
local and the remote address is the hosts own IP address 10.93.150.74  which I find a
bit odd.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it working?Please use Fedora
32+ or RHEL 8.2+ and follow official
documentation:https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html/configuring_and_managing_identity_management/setting-up-samba-on-an-idm-domain-member_configuring-and-managing-idm--
 / Alexander BokovoySr. Principal Software EngineerSecurity / Identity Management
EngineeringRed Hat Limited, Finland