On 05.01.22 15:50, Rob Crittenden via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Ronald Wimmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
On December the 30th we have updated the following packages on our IPA
servers:

Package list:
[snip]
After having updated these packages some of our ipa users (including
admin) were not able to log in anymore. Fortunately, some users still
worked allowing us to reset the passwords of the respective users.

Can this be update related or is it just a coincidence? We had to reset
the passwords and no time to hunt the problem down. But what can
possibly have caused this?

I don't think without any sort of logging or details. What type of login
failed?

Password-based login (IPA WebGUI, ssh, kinit) did not work. What we saw in the logs was the same as if somebody entered the wrong password.

When we tried to give these users news passwords for some admin users (belonging to exacly the same groups as some other admin users) "reset password" was greyed out in the IPA WebGUI. Using "ipa user-mod someuser --password" worked on the command line.

I'll have a look if there is a user left that still has this particular problem. Then we can have a closer look.

Cheers,
Ronald