Hi,

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 5:42 AM Justin Sanderson via FreeIPA-users <
freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

> THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP INFO YOU CAN PROVIDE!!
>
> Greatly Appreciate!!
>

> Ok. So after doing a LOT of reading and learning about FreeIPA the past 2
> days (yep, I inherited), I was able to fix my problem of pki-tomcatd
> (DogTAG i think its called) so that it would start.
>
> The pki-tomcatd service wouldn't start due to some cert issues. I was
> fortunate enough to figure out how to enable BasicAuth for now to get the
> service to start.. so thats a win.

So it means that PKI was not able to authenticate to the LDAP server using
the certificate subsystemCert cert-pki-ca and you switched from
certificate-based authentication to simple bind using DN/password.

There are some troubleshooting hints here for this specific issue:
https://floblanc.wordpress.com/2017/09/11/troubleshooting-freeipa-pki-tomcatd-fails-to-start/

HTH,
flo