Hi,

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 9:53 AM Nicholas Cross <nicholas.cr...@dice.fm>
wrote:

> Hi, thanks for the reply.
>
> This was the process.
> 1. prep
> 2. test connectivity - works ok
> 3. install replica (successfully) - no DNS no CA at this point
> 4. test connectivity - fails.
>
> If i replace step 4 for the following:
>
> 4. install DNS (successfully)
> 5. install CA (fails - with the "invalid 'cn': must be" error)
>
> If we can ignore the step 4 where the comms check fails and concentrate on
> step 5 where the CA fails. I am happy to do so.
> But in step 5. it is the comms check that the `ipa-ca-install` command
> runs that also fails as far as i can see (no expert here myself, though my
> company thinks so LOL)
>
> Successful DNS install logs http://sprunge.us/7WCtpW
>
> Failed CA install logs  http://sprunge.us/hTVLzL
>
> I believe this error needs to be investigated:

2023-05-25T07:52:07Z INFO Connection to
https://ipa008.ad.companyx.fm/ipa/json failed with Insufficient
access: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: No credentials were
supplied, or the credentials were unavailable or inaccessible
(Credential cache is empty)

We can see that the process is able to connect to the master and get a
cookie but later on GSSAPI auth fails.

Are there any corresponding logs in the master in /var/log/httpd/error_log?
You can enable debug logs on the master with the following procedure:
- create /etc/ipa/server.conf:
[global]
debug=True

then restart apache with systemctl restart httpd.
You can also run ipa-healthcheck on the master/the replica to find any
config issue.

flo

[root@ipa011 ~]# ipa-ca-install
> Directory Manager (existing master) password:
>
> Run connection check to master
>
> Your system may be partly configured.
> Run /usr/sbin/ipa-server-install --uninstall to clean up.
>
> Connection check failed!
> See /var/log/ipareplica-conncheck.log for more information.
> If the check results are not valid it can be skipped with --skip-conncheck
> parameter.
>

> thanks,
> Nick
>
> On Thu, 25 May 2023 at 08:18, Florence Blanc-Renaud <f...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 3:29 PM Nicholas Cross <nicholas.cr...@dice.fm>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Flo (and other helpful people on this list),
>>>
>>> After fixing the SID/PAC issue, i am back to looking as to why the
>>> ipa-replica-conncheck fails when installing the CA to a (working) replica.
>>>
>>> I ran your suggested commands and they look fine now.
>>>
>>> [root@ipa011 ~]# kdestroy
>>> kdestroy: No credentials cache found while destroying cache
>>>
>>> [root@ipa011 ~]# kinit -V -kt /etc/krb5.keytab host/
>>> ipa011.ad.companyx...@ad.companyx.fm
>>> Using default cache: 0
>>> Using principal: host/ipa011.ad.companyx...@ad.companyx.fm
>>> Using keytab: /etc/krb5.keytab
>>> Authenticated to Kerberos v5
>>>
>>> [root@ipa011 ~]# kvno HTTP/ipa011.ad.companyx...@ad.companyx.fm
>>> HTTP/ipa011.ad.companyx...@ad.companyx.fm: kvno = 1
>>>
>>> I can run the following BEFORE i install the replica and it works 100%,
>>> it is part of our pre-reqs in our docs to make sure comms work.
>>>
>>> ipa-replica-conncheck --master=ipa008.ad.companyx.fm
>>> --auto-master-check --realm=AD.companyx.FM --principal=nicholas.cross
>>>
>>> After i install the replica with ipa-replica-install. (no DNS, no CA)
>>> then running the above ipa-replica-conncheck command fails and we see the
>>> errors as described.
>>>

>> ipa-replica-conncheck is intended to be run *before* replica
>> installation, as stated in the man page:
>>        ipa-replica-conncheck - Check a replica-master network connection
>> before installation
>>
>> The reason is that it opens server sockets listening on the tested ports,
>> for the master to try to reach the replica. If the replica is already
>> installed, the ports are already in use by the ldap server, the apache web
>> server etc...
>>
>> I understand that you tried to run ipa-replica-conncheck to ensure that
>> ipa-dns-install or ipa-ca-install won't hit any issue. Did you actually try
>> to install the DNS service and the CA service on the replica? If you see
>> errors in those steps we can help troubleshoot, based on the produced logs,
>> but ipa-replica-conncheck won't be of any use here.
>>
>> flo
>>

>>> Some logs:
>>> 1. before ipa-replica-install - conn check works.
>>> http://sprunge.us/4yrInD
>>> 2. after successful ipa-replica-install - but conn check fails
>>> http://sprunge.us/gvqEle
>>>
>>> new replica versions
>>> [root@ipa011 ~]# rpm -qa | grep ipa | sort
>>> almalinux-logos-ipa-90.5.1-1.1.el9.noarch
>>> ipa-client-4.10.1-6.el9.x86_64
>>> ipa-client-common-4.10.1-6.el9.noarch
>>> ipa-common-4.10.1-6.el9.noarch
>>> ipa-healthcheck-0.12-1.el9.noarch
>>> ipa-healthcheck-core-0.12-1.el9.noarch
>>> ipa-selinux-4.9.8-7.el9_0.noarch
>>> ipa-server-4.10.1-6.el9.x86_64
>>> ipa-server-common-4.10.1-6.el9.noarch
>>> ipa-server-dns-4.10.1-6.el9.noarch
>>> libipa_hbac-2.8.2-2.el9.x86_64
>>> python3-ipaclient-4.10.1-6.el9.noarch
>>> python3-ipalib-4.10.1-6.el9.noarch
>>> python3-ipaserver-4.10.1-6.el9.noarch
>>> python3-libipa_hbac-2.8.2-2.el9.x86_64
>>> sssd-ipa-2.8.2-2.el9.x86_64
>>>
>>> current master versions
>>> [nicholas.cross@ipa008 ~]$ rpm -qa | grep ipa | sort
>>> almalinux-logos-ipa-90.5.1-1.1.el9.noarch
>>> ipa-client-4.10.0-8.el9_1.x86_64
>>> ipa-client-common-4.10.0-8.el9_1.noarch
>>> ipa-common-4.10.0-8.el9_1.noarch
>>> ipa-healthcheck-0.9-9.el9.noarch
>>> ipa-healthcheck-core-0.9-9.el9.noarch
>>> ipa-selinux-4.9.8-7.el9_0.noarch
>>> ipa-server-4.10.0-8.el9_1.x86_64
>>> ipa-server-common-4.10.0-8.el9_1.noarch
>>> ipa-server-dns-4.10.0-8.el9_1.noarch
>>> libipa_hbac-2.7.3-4.el9_1.3.x86_64
>>> python3-ipaclient-4.10.0-8.el9_1.noarch
>>> python3-ipalib-4.10.0-8.el9_1.noarch
>>> python3-ipaserver-4.10.0-8.el9_1.noarch
>>> python3-libipa_hbac-2.7.3-4.el9_1.3.x86_64