On 29.06.23 09:52, Sam Morris via FreeIPA-users wrote:
On 29/06/2023 07:31, Ronald Wimmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Is a correct hostname (FQDN) required for sudo rules to work properly?

I do have a host where the hostname is set to its shortname. My user is allowed to perform sudo on this host (as it is a member of the admin group which is allowed to do everything on every host) but another user (who is not member of the admin group) cannot perform sudo on this particular host. (according to IPA this user should be able to use sudo)

My suspicion is that this might have to do with the hostname incorrectly set to its shortname and not to its FQDN.

See https://docs.pagure.org/sssd.sssd/users/sudo_troubleshooting.html for how to enable sudo and sssd-sudo logs - you should be able to see how sudo evaluates the rules recieved from the directory with the information from the logs.

In this particular case it does not help me as the IPA client is an AIX 7.3 machine that does not have SSSD.