On 03/07/2023 15.44, Günther J. Niederwimmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:

Am Montag, 3. Juli 2023, 14:26:13 CEST schrieb Christian Heimes via FreeIPA-users:

> On 03/07/2023 14.15, Günther J. Niederwimmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:

> > Hello FreeIPA list,

> > I got the ipa module freeipa-user-mailalternateaddress-master from

> > github,

 unfortunately the paths have apparently changed (version 9.2)

> > with the IPA version 4.10.1 API version 2.251 one of YOU can change the

> > script so that the files are back in the right PATHS come. I can't tell

> > if it still works, but it's worth a try!

> > Thanks for replies and help.

> I'm not familiar with the plugin. Is it coming from a 3rd party? Where

> did you get the code from, how did you install it, and what the error

> message you are getting?

The Error Message are now;

./install.sh
'./user_mailalternateaddress_4.6.js' -> '/usr/share/ipa/ui/js/plugins/user_mailalternateaddress/us
er_mailalternateaddress.js'
'./user_mailalternateaddress_4.6.py' -> '/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ipaserver/plugins/user_
mailalternateaddress.py'
cp: reguläre Datei '/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ipaserver/plugins/user_mailalternateaddress.
py' kann nicht angelegt werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

yes it is 3rd party Plugin to aktivate mailAlternatAddress

the source is from

https://github.com/pdf/freeipa-user-mailalternateaddress

but today this project is stopped :-(

You mentioned "IPA" and "version 9.2". Are you using IPA on RHEL 9.2? In that case the path is wrong. On RHEL 9, IPA uses Python 3.9 from the system, not 3.11.

My code at https://github.com/fedora-infra/freeipa-fas/ has an install.sh that detects the correct path on RHEL 9. You could also adopt the RPM spec file from the project to build a proper RPM package in your personal COPR repo.

HTH,

Christian

--
Christian Heimes
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management and Platform Security

Red Hat GmbH,https://de.redhat.com/  , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill