On 12.10.23 13:22, Ronald Wimmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
On 12.10.23 13:06, Ulf Volmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
On 12.10.23 09:57, Ronald Wimmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
We do have two users with the same name. One exists locally. The other one comes from IPA.

The problem is that the sudo rules also show up for the local user.

I know you do not officially support AIX... but would there probably be a solution apart from naming these two users differently?

I don't think, that this can be solved on FreeIPA side.
And also on AIX it is difficult. You can look with lsuser for the registry attribute, but I don't know any way to use this in sudo rules.

In general: I would say: try to avoid thos naming conflicts.

I found a solution for that. The problem of this particular IPA user is that its sudo rules are permitted on ANY host. I will have to exclude the AIX host group.

And here comes my question to the IPA devs... Is it possible to create a hostgroup and exclude members of a second hostgroup? (e.g. create a hostgroup containing all IPA clients excluding the AIX hostgroup)

Automembership is your friend.
(I would have expected to specify an exclude condition only but that did not work.)

Cheers,
Ronald