Hi,

I created a System Account as indicated at
https://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTo/LDAP#system-accounts and it works as
expected (it is used to perform LDAP bind for authentication in my email
application). The problem comes when I try to use it to read additional
attributes (required by postfix-ldap) in my users, for example,
mailAlternateAddress (it is not able to read the attribute).

As a workaround, I created a "regular" LDAP user and assigned the
permissions/roles required and it works, however, I don't think that a
dedicated user should be created to perform this task, am I wrong?

Considering the scenario described, I have a couple of questions:
1. Is it possible to grant permissions to a System Account to read those
attributes? (I tried to add it to the roles/permissions using memberOf but it
didn't allow to add those attributes, I got a permissions error even if I used
my admin account to run ldapmodify)

2. What would be the "correct" way to do the configuration? (I mean regular
user? other?)

Thanks