Hi Jaehwan,

Why the nb of established connections (to the server) is a concern ?

The vast majority of the connections are client connections. Replication connections, especially in ring topology, would account for a small fraction of them. The added hosts generates a replication traffic, over the replication connections, and would put some cpu load on the destination server. ATM I do not see how it would impact the capacity of the destination server to accept new connections. The response time of destination server may increase (because of replicated updates), could it impact clients to open new connections ?

By the way what version of 389ds, are you running ?

best regards
thierry