Still not working.  I do not have any trust set up with any active directory currently, we have a AD running on the network but that and my ipa domain don't trust each other in any way.

Got two idranges setup:
-----------
  Range name: domain_id_range
  First Posix ID of the range: 824400000
  Number of IDs in the range: 200000
  First RID of the corresponding RID range: 1000
  First RID of the secondary RID range: 100000000
  Range type: local domain range

  Range name: EDIPIs_id_range
  First Posix ID of the range: 1009210100
  Number of IDs in the range: 619332697
  Range type: local domain range
-----------

And dnarange/dnanextrange is setup also. The dnanext ranges match up to the EDIPIs range.
-----------
[root@ipa02 ~]# ipa-replica-manage dnarange-show
ipa25.domain: 824400015-824425499
ipa08.domain: 824550503-824599999
ipa22.domain: 824450504-824500499
ipa02.domain: 824425523-824450499
[root@ipa02 ~]# ipa-replica-manage dnanextrange-show
ipa25.domain: 1464499522-1619332666
ipa08.domain: 1154833194-1309666338
ipa22.domain: 1309666348-1464499502
ipa02.domain: 1009210100-1154833174

-----------

Tried running the add-sids process and it errors out.  There's nothing in the error log
-----------
[root@ipa02 ~]# ipa -vv config-mod --enable-sid --add-sids
ipa: INFO: Request: {
    "id": 0,
    "method": "config_mod/1",
    "params": [
        [],
        {
            "add_sids": true,
            "enable_sid": true,
            "version": "2.251"
        }
    ]
}
ipa: INFO: Response: {
    "error": {
        "code": 4000,
        "data": {},
        "message": "Configuration of SID failed. See details in the error log",
        "name": "ExecutionError"
    },
    "id": 0,
    "principal": "admin@domain",
    "result": null,
    "version": "4.9.12"
}
ipa: ERROR: Configuration of SID failed. See details in the error log

There's nothing in /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-DOMAIN/errors about the failure. So I'm at a roadblock right now.  Can't do what I need to do and can't figure out why.