I have an IdM replica that stopped sending its replications to the other
replicas in the environment. I want to reinitialize it to hopefully resolve
that replication problem. However, when confirming what data would be lost in
the reinitialization, I noticed that the replica has reissued itself
certificates for its own LDAP and HTTP services. These certificates are the
ones found in the "userCertificate" attributes of the
"krbprincipalname=ldap/isolated-repl...@example.com,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com"
 and
"krbprincipalname=HTTP/isolated-repl...@example.com,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com"
 DNs. The other replicas show the older certificates in those multivalue
entries, but not the new ones. In addition, the previous certificates have now
expired.

I'm concerned about what will happen if I perform a reinitialization of this
replica. Will it restart its LDAP and HTTP services with an old, expired
certificate? What effect will that have on other replicas trying to connect to
it? Will it still have keys for those old certificates? Will it be able to
reissue its certificates again? The existence of the "ipa-cert-fix" utility
implies not.

Or will it keep its new certificates? Will those certificates cause a problem
when they no longer exist in the replica's own domain database?

The replica in question will still accept replications from the rest of the
environment. Is it possible to get another replica to push new certificates to
it, so that that new certificate will exist in the domain database after a
reinitialization happens?

This is all in an IdM environment run under RHEL 7.9, so FreeIPA 4.6.8. (I'm
desperately trying to dig myself out of replication problems before I upgrade.
This is the next-to-last issue.)

--
William Faulk