Satish Patel wrote:
> This is crazy.. why freeIPA is so difficult to debug.
>
> I can't attach a replica without thousand errors + errors don't make
> sense also.

Your originating system may still have a lot of problems with it. They
don't go away when you create a replica.

You almost never post exact commands you've used and the output so its
difficult to help.

> Question, Can I create replication from 4.6 to 4.9 ?

It's more a question of the underlying operating system. crypto policies
have been increasingly tightened. You've already been told that you have
to go from RHEL 7 -> 8 -> 9 (or equivalent). Is that what you're really
asking?

> What if I want to build a new freeIPA on a new OS and export/import all
> users to a new environment? is it going to work and how?

There is no IPA-to-IPA migration in any release yet. migrate-ds can work
with IPA to migrate users and groups but it has some pitfalls of its
own. It was designed for legacy LDAP -> IPA migration.

rob