carrollbry...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Got what new ticket? IPA provides its own tooling for managing keytabs,
>> ipa-getkeytab.
>
> I kept saying ticket. I meant keytab. I used ktutil to get new keytab entries.
>
>> On another system you might try kvno to see what IPA thinks the principal
>> version should be with just kvno ldap/<hostname>
>
> On a client server, it says:
>
> root@cumulus etc $ kvno ldap/pacific.caps.int
> ldap/pacific.caps....@caps.int: kvno = 2
>
> which matches kvno = 2 on Pacific, the IPA server.
>
> root@pacific ~ $ kvno ldap/pacific.caps.int
> ldap/pacific.caps....@caps.int: kvno = 2
>
>> Is this your only IPA server?
>
> Yes, only IPA server is Pacific.

I'm not sure what happened originally nor if using ktutil broke things
further. We typically don't recommend directly using Kerberos utilities
in favor of using IPA-provided commands. The Kerberos utilities are not
well-tested for interoperability with IPA. Not saying that's related but
we don't test it.

You might try using ipa-getkeytab to get a new ds.keytab key version but
with the ldap keytab being bad I'm doubtful that this will succeed. It's
a chicken-and-egg scenario.

rob