On 02/01/2011 12:51 PM, Peter Doherty wrote:

On Feb 1, 2011, at 14:43 , Dmitri Pal wrote:

On 02/01/2011 02:30 PM, Peter Doherty wrote:
I hope someone can help with this.
I've got a freeipa server running the 1.9 alpha release.
It's broken, (the x509 cert expired and can't be renewed) and I want
to just abandon it.

I set up a new host and installed the 2.0 beta release (from the git
archives, because the regular archive includes a broken version, it
won't install)
Is there anyway to get all the user data, passwords, groups, automount
maps, etc...from the old freeipa server on to the new one?

Is it Ok to reset all passwords or you want to try to preserve those?

I want to preserve them.

But at this point, i'd take just about anything.

I just discovered the "migrate-ds" tool. But I can't make it work.
That definitely won't work. migrate-ds is used to migrate very old 389-ds-base servers to the latest version. There is no tool to migrate/upgrade from an ipa alpha release to an ipa beta release.

Peter