Hmm,
To me, these instructions are very vague - for example it completely omits LDAP security configuration for the automounter (stored in /etc/autofs_ldap_auth.conf). How does the automounter bind to the ldap server? Anonymously?
I would not recommend it.

I would recommend to configure automounter to use the host/ principal in the local Kerberos system database and bind using SASL/GSSAPI instead. It is more secure and elegant solution.

Ondrej