Hi,

the new named just died again:

[root@zerberus ~]# nslookup www.google.de

[root@zerberus ~]# rpm --query --all | grep bind
bind-debuginfo-9.8.0-7.P4.fc15.x86_64
bind-libs-9.8.0-7.P4.fc15.x86_64
bind-libs-lite-9.8.0-7.P4.fc15.x86_64
bind-dyndb-ldap-debuginfo-0.2.0-3.fc15.x86_64
bind-utils-9.8.0-7.P4.fc15.x86_64
bind-dyndb-ldap-0.2.0-3.fc15.x86_64
bind-9.8.0-7.P4.fc15.1.x86_64
bind-license-9.8.0-7.P4.fc15.noarch
[root@zerberus ~]#

rndc trace or rndc reload will just freeze or wait forever.

cu romal

Am 26.07.11 16:58, schrieb Adam Tkac:
On 07/26/2011 04:51 PM, nasir nasir wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks a ton for every one who helped to have such a quick fix for this issue.
I truly appreciate it. I have applied the patch (generated from the source rpm
and applied with rpm -Uvh ***) and restarted IPA service. Had a preliminary
test of the services and everything seems to be fine. Will keep watching and
update the list in due course.

Adam,

Do you want me to update the bugzilla now or wait for a couple of days to
observe ?

Thanks for your feedback, you don't have to update bugzilla, update it
only in case if named crashes again, please. For now I will consider the
patch as correct.

Regards, Adam