Craig T wrote:
I can really see how you came to that conclusion, I'm not sure if I'll get the
luxury of choice, due to the servers in our environment. Centos 6.1 could be
updated enough, so we might just have to wait for that.

I would think the version you have would work fine.

What it is doing is testing to be sure that nss is working as expected. It can take some time for sssd to come up, connect to the IPA server, etc, so we loop and try several times (IIRC 5 in your version) to look up a known remote user (admin).

If it never does successfully get the admin user you should get an error that nss_ldap can't be configured (yeah, I know, we're using sssd. We fixed this). If you aren't getting this message and the client otherwise seems to be installing ok then things are fine.

rob

cya

Craig