Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 09/20/2012 01:42 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
James James wrote:
You 're right. The request return :

Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: uid=test
# requesting: userPassword
#

# test, users, accounts, example.com <http://example.com>
dn: uid=test,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

Can you explain me what happens ?

Is there a solution ?

When migrating you need to bind as a user that has read permission on
the userPassword attribute in the remote LDAP server.

Rob should we check if we can read the userPassword attribute and if not
fail migration?
Should we open a ticket for this?
Also I do not think we document the expectation that you vocalized above.

I'll open a ticket to spell this out in the docs.

Checking it in the command would be nice but I don't know about fatal. Still, I'll open a ticket for that as well.