Bret Wortman wrote:
A bit of googling has led me to understand that we must have created the
original server with --selfsign, and that locked us into something bad
which is now causing us problems. I'm not sure how this happened, since
we actually created our original instance on a different server, created
ipamaster as a replica of that one, then ran ipa-ca-install on ipamaster
to make it the new CA. How did it end up in this state?

Anyway, is there ANY way around this? Can I simply ignore this, break
the replication agreement as Simo suggested, rebuild ipamaster,
replicate ipamaster2 to the new ipamaster, and then somehow make
ipamaster be a CA using Dogtag? Will that screw up all the clients?

I think we should pause and take a look at your installation.

I'd check all your current masters, whether they are currently working or not. Look at the value of ra_plugin in /etc/ipa/default.conf. That controls what IPA thinks the CA is.

Then check to see if you have dogtag running on any of these systems. This will include a 2nd 389-ds instance, /etc/dirsrv/slapd-PKI-IPA and, depending on your distro, a PKI service like pki-tomcatd@pki-tomcat.service. You can optionally see if /etc/pki/pki-tomcat exists.

There is currently no way post-install to add a dogtag instance.

rob

_
_
*Bret Wortman*

http://damascusgrp.com/
http://about.me/wortmanbret

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Bret Wortman