On 02/13/2014 06:23 PM, Todd Maugh wrote:
and If I am configuring the sud-ldap.conf

what should it look like does any one have an example?

You have two options. Sudo can be integrated with SSSD or not.
If you want SUDO to be integrated then this should help: http://www.freeipa.org/images/7/77/Freeipa30_SSSD_SUDO_Integration.pdf

If you want to use SUDO independently from sssd and connect directly to IPA from SUDO you need to configure sudo -ldap.conf and use some user to bind to IPA. This user should be configured in the file. See more details in the IPA docs: https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Identity_Management_Guide/index.html#config-sudo-clients

*From:* freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com [freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] on behalf of Todd Maugh [tma...@boingo.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:17 PM
*To:* freeipa-users@redhat.com
*Subject:* [Freeipa-users] Setting up sudo

the documentation is kinda vague on some parts

from the documentation:

Because the |sudo| information is not available anonymously over LDAP by default, Identity Management defines a default |sudo| user, |uid=sudo,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,$SUFFIX|, which can be set in the LDAP/|sudo| configuration file, |/etc/sud-ldap.conf|.

so is this user supposed to already pre defined. or do I need to create the user, and then modify them

thanks

-Todd

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal