I had this issue as well.

It would be good to add a `curl icanhazip.com` check to the script to allow for
1:1 nat in places like AWS.

I successfully worked around the issue by allocating the external IP to an
internal sub interface during the install:

so run:

ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.10.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

then try the install again.

Kind regards,

Will Sheldon