On 04/01/2014 01:34 PM, Brendan Kearney wrote:
Hello!
Before I dive into details, please read about the following bug:
https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/ticket/134

I just found it, fixed it and I'm attaching patch for you so you don't need to
wait for a new release :-)
thanks, but i am not sure how to apply patches.

Your LDAP server will get the whole principal and it is up to the server how
it will map it to some existing entity.
what do you do on the IPA side?  did you follow some best practice?  i
am trying not to reinvent the wheel.

BTW documentation about named.conf syntax is in README:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/bind-dyndb-ldap.git/plain/README
as well as in the package.  i did consult the doc.

Let us know if you encounter any problem.
certainly will.

BTW did you see FreeIPA project? It integrates LDAP+Kerberos with management
tools and nice user interface and solver Microsoft AD integration.

Maybe it could save you some headaches ...
not a big fan of 389, as it is a fork of openldap,

No, it is not.
http://port389.org/wiki/History

though RH has done
some nifty things with it (dogtag, IPA, etc).  i am a bit of a purist,
thats all.  also, this is a learning exercise for me.  i am trying to
understand the inner workings of each of the pieces and see how they
interoperate with each other.