Dean Hunter wrote:
On Mon, 2014-05-05 at 10:02 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Dean Hunter wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-05-03 at 22:50 +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:

>> >Thank you.  Now that you point it out, I remember that this thread is
>> >where I first learned about fedora-domainname.service.  I see:
>> >
>> >        You would also need to set NIS domain name, otherwise SUDO will
>> >        not correctly recognize SUDO rules targeted on host groups,
>>                                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>                                                   This is important part
>> >        instead of hosts:
>> >
>> >which explains when sudo would need the NIS domain name.  Since my sudo
>> >rules address user groups I guess there is no requirement for NIS domain
>> >name since they are working just fine:
>> Your sudo rules use host groups.
>>

>> >        ipa sudorule-add            desktop-admins --desc "Desktop
>> >        Administrators"
>> >        ipa sudorule-mod            desktop-admins --cmdcat all
>> >        ipa sudorule-add-host       desktop-admins --hostgroups desktops
>> >        ipa sudorule-add-option     desktop-admins --sudooption "!
>> >        authenticate"
>> >        ipa sudorule-add-runasuser  desktop-admins --users root
>> >        ipa sudorule-add-runasgroup desktop-admins --groups root
>> >        ipa sudorule-add-user       desktop-admins --groups
>> >        desktop-admins
>> >
>> >        ipa sudorule-add            server-admins  --desc "Server
>> >        Administrators"
>> >        ipa sudorule-mod            server-admins  --cmdcat all
>> >        ipa sudorule-add-host       server-admins  --hostgroups servers
>> hostgroups are reason why you need to configure NIS domain name.
>> hostgroups are also available as netgroups in compat tree and sudo reads
>> information from netgroups.
>>
>> >        ipa sudorule-add-option     server-admins  --sudooption "!
>> >        authenticate"
>> >        ipa sudorule-add-runasuser  server-admins  --users root
>> >        ipa sudorule-add-runasgroup server-admins  --groups root
>> >        ipa sudorule-add-user       server-admins  --groups
>> >        server-admins
>> >
>> >However, I was really asking whether there had been a change in
>> >sssd/sudo behavior as it was my recollection that my sudo rules did not
>> >work at all in early IPA 3.n releases unless the NIS domain name was
>> >configured.
>> >

>> LS
>
> I hear you and that is what I expected.  However, the actual behavior
> seems to have changed with 3.3.4 and now 3.3.5.
>
>     [dean@desktop <mailto:dean@desktop> ~]$ domainname --nis
>     domainname: Local domain name not set
>
>     [dean@desktop <mailto:dean@desktop> ~]$ sudo -l
>     Matching Defaults entries for dean on desktop:
>          requiretty, env_reset, env_keep="COLORS DISPLAY HOSTNAME
>     HISTSIZE INPUTRC
>          KDEDIR LS_COLORS", env_keep+="MAIL PS1 PS2 QTDIR USERNAME LANG
>     LC_ADDRESS
>          LC_CTYPE", env_keep+="LC_COLLATE LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_MEASUREMENT
>          LC_MESSAGES", env_keep+="LC_MONETARY LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER
>          LC_TELEPHONE", env_keep+="LC_TIME LC_ALL LANGUAGE LINGUAS
>     _XKB_CHARSET
>          XAUTHORITY", secure_path=/sbin\:/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin

> [...]

We'd need to see your sudo rules to know for sure.

I don't think anything changed in the IPA code to change this behavior,
but we herd a lot of cats so something in another package may be different.

rob

The sudo rules are listed above.

It is incomplete at best. There is no user dean mentioned in those rules, where does that come from? Some group membership I can only assume.

Does getent netgroup servers or desktops actually return a valid tuple?