On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Traiano Welcome wrote:
Hi List

I'm following the guide at
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/IPAv3_AD_trust_setup#Assumptions , this
time with Fedora 20.1.

Everything proceeds smoothly until I try to establish trust with the AD
domain controller, at which point IPA crashes:

---
[root@idm001 ~]# ipa trust-add --type=ad mhatest.local --admin
Administrator --password
Active directory domain administrator's password:
ipa: ERROR: an internal error has occurred
[root@idm001 ~]#
---

I've attached the exact, step by step process I used to arrive at this
point. Attached also are the debug logs (as per the debugging guidelines).
Looks like you have connectivity problems (or firewall?):
finddcs: Found matching DC 172.16.107.109 with server_type=0x000031fd
[Fri Sep 12 23:30:00.471404 2014] [:error] [pid 3876] ipa: ERROR: LDAP
error when connecting to KWTTSTADDC002: {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP
server"}

Anyway, please file a bug for Fedora and attach the logs there, we'll
try to improve error messaging here.

Many thanks in advance for any insight I could use to understand and fix
this issue! I am also moving on to re/testing the same process on
CentOS 7, CentOS 6.5 to rule out the possibility of subtle variations in
package version bugs (or basically net any that might exist :-p)
Yep.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy