On 09/30/2014 04:59 AM, Tamas Papp wrote:

On 09/29/2014 12:35 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/29/2014 11:51 AM, Tamas Papp wrote:

hi All,

Is there a solution to integrate gravatar images and IPA? Something like
a field for the gravatar url or actually I am not sure, what the right
solution would be.

Also is there a solution the add IM details to users, like skype id,
hangouts id..etc?

10x
tamas

Hello Tamas,

For the custom user fields, I think the best way will be to simply write a plugin extending the User object allowing these attribute in new objectClass.

You can check an example with "favoriteColorName" in this presentation:

http://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf

Thanks Martin.
Is there any plan to officially integrate such a fields?

Just out of curiosity any plan to add fields easier (from gui or with ipa command)?

Can a plugin make a server future upgrade broken?

Thanks,
tamas

I think if you contribute the patch back we will be able to include it into the project.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio