On 02/10/2015 12:35 PM, marcin kowalski wrote:
Hi all, i'm getting dogtag figured out slowly, and i noticed one odd thing.

I've setup certmonger to request an arbitrary certificate through dogtag, and while the request seems to go into the dogtag system, certmonger acts as if communication with the CA failed. The certificate is considered in need of user attention because the process got stuck.

Request ID '20150210125814':
status: NEED_GUIDANCE
stuck: yes
key pair storage: type=FILE,location='/etc/pki/testkey'
certificate: type=FILE,location='/etc/pki/testcert'
CA: dogtag-ipa
issuer:
subject:
expires: unknown
pre-save command:
post-save command:
track: yes
auto-renew: yes

[root@fedora pki]# systemctl status -l certmonger
(....)
lut 10 13:57:04 fedora.box.net <http://fedora.box.net> certmonger[7845]: Request for certificate to be stored in file "/etc/pki/testcert" rejected by CA.

The request is present in dogtag and is valid, can be accepted/rejected, etc. Even though certmonger never notices that. I wonder if there is some obvious mistake in my setup, or perhaps there is known bug in interaction of both components on F21 (i'm using only standard repositories).

When i post the query from certmonger's agent defined in ca definition through curl, i get no errors.

What would be the best way to debug this issue?

Can you post your certmonger get-cert command?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio