Hi all,

When I installed FreeIPA, it created a default ID range (of which user admin
is currently the only user existing).  Through the UI, I've found that one can
create additional ranges (and that the ipa tools will complain if a user has a
uid assigned manually that falls outside the defined range.) That makes sense. Is there a way that one can instruct the tools which particular range it should use for a particular operation? Say one wants different classes of users to be allocated from different ranges (For example, faculty/staff vs students, FTE vs contractors, or 'eyeball' users vs role accounts like jdoe vs appteambuildbot)?

Thanks,

-c
--
Coy Hile