Good day

I have a freeipa primary server working as i wanted , no complex stuff has been
setup yet except the basic service and sudo controls which is fine by me. I
have also setup a replica from the primary.

the dns server is running from a different platform so basically the 2 servers
query a DNS server on onother server to resolve their names.

my questions is as follows:   when primary server fails , does the replica
automatically assume the position of the primary [and please note that
replication is also working as expected]