On 07/09/2015 08:36 AM, Nicola Canepa wrote:
If I enable the PAM plugin of 389-ds, I'm able to let users be authenticated by PAM, even if the user is not present il LDAP, hence the plain-text password is passed to PAM. The only missing step is: if PAM correctly authenticates a non-existing user, it should be created (using the just supplied password).

The 389-ds PAM passthrough auth plugin can't add users. You would have to add some additional functionality to either PAM, or another 389-ds plugin.

Nicola