From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com <freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com> on
behalf of Andrey Ptashnik <aptash...@cccis.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 13 October 2015 6:21 a.m.
To: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: [Freeipa-users] Correct upgrade steps for IPA server 4.1.0

Hello IPA Server Team,

We have IPA server cluster on RHEL 7.1 and IPA version 4.1.0 and planning to
upgrade to 4.2.1.

What are correct steps doing so?

Wiki (http://www.freeipa.org/page/Upgrade#FreeIPA_4.1.x_or_older )shows:
[http://www.freeipa.org/images/freeipa/freeipa-logo-small.png]<http://www.freeipa.org/page/Upgrade#FreeIPA_4.1.x_or_older>

Upgrade - FreeIPA
Guidance. When there is a new updated FreeIPA server version you want to
upgrade to, in most cases it is possible to simply update the underlying
operating system and ...
Read more...<http://www.freeipa.org/page/Upgrade#FreeIPA_4.1.x_or_older>

FreeIPA 4.1.x or older
# ipa-ldap-updater --upgrade
# ipa-upgradeconfig

But I have a feeling that there might be some prerequisites that is a common
knowledge that was not mentioned and I'm not aware of... Are there any steps
that needs to be completed before I execute above commands?

Regards,

Andrey Ptashnik