I am trying to hook our VoIP solution (sipxecs-based openUC) to our FreeIPA.
But it appears that it wants to read-in the userPassword rather than just auth
against the ldap.
I know Directory Manager is the only account that has the ability to read
userPassword, but is there a way to grant that to a System Account
(uid=voip,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=oblong,dc=com)? Or perhaps some other
path/process I'm overlooking short of using the Directory Manager account?

Thanks!

John