On Wed, 13 Jan 2016, Prasun Gera wrote:
I think I've solved this. I don't know what or who enabled it, but for some
reason the original NIS service (ypserv) was running on the server. That
was taking precedence over ipa's fake NIS, and causing problems. I have now
deleted the maps and commented them out in the Makefile so that it doesn't
get enabled accidentally again.

I do see another problem though. In an attempt to clean up a lot of old
users, I have disabled them in the webui. This works for ipa clients and
access is denied, but the users can still log in on the old NIS clients. Is
this a known limitation ?
How they are authenticated on the NIS clients? FreeIPA does not provide
shadow map.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy