On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 14:36 +0000, Terry John wrote:
> This turned out to be a setting in /etc/ssh/sshd_config which gets overridden
> by ipa-client-install. Needed to un-comment
>
> PasswordAuthentication yes

This is disabled because we enable ChallengeResponseAuthentication which
is a superset of PasswordAuthentication.

PasswordAuthentication can't deal with PAM prompts, it is a oneshot only
option (ie fails if PAM asks you to make a pasword change), while
ChallengeResponseAuthentication is the more modern method that properly
deals with PAM prompts.

You should prefer ChallengeResponseAuthentication over
PasswordAuthentication.

HTH,
Simo.

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York