On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 01:55:54PM +0200, Jan Karásek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a questions about IPA with AD forest trust. What I am trying to do is
> setup environment, where all informations about users are stored in one place
> - AD. I would like to read at least uid, home, shell and sshkey from AD.
>
> I have set up trust with this parameters:
>
> ipa trust-add EXAMPLE.TT --type=ad --range-type=ipa-ad-trust-posix
> --admin=administrator

Did you add the POSIX attributes to AD after creating the trust maybe?

> [root@ipa1 ~]# ipa idrange-show EXAMPLE.TT_id_range
> Range name: EXAMPLE.TT_id_range
> First Posix ID of the range: 1392000000
> Number of IDs in the range: 200000
> Domain SID of the trusted domain: S-1-5-21-4123312533-990676102-3576722756
> Range type: Active Directory trust range with POSIX attributes
>

> I have set attributes in AD for u...@example.tt
> - uidNumber -10000
> - homeDirectory -/home/user
> - loginShell - /bin/bash
>
> Trust itself works fine. I can do kinit with u...@example.tt , I can run id
> and getent passwd u...@example.tt and I can use u...@example.tt for ssh.
>
> Problem is, that I am not getting uid from AD but from idrange:
>
> uid=1392001107(u...@example.tt)
>
> Also I have tried to switch off id mapping in sssd.conf with ldap_id_mapping
> = true in sssd.conf but no luck.

This has no effect, in IPA-AD trust scenario, the id mapping properties
are managed on the server.

> I know, that it is probably better to use ID views for this, but in our case
> we need to set centrally managed environment, where all users information are
> externally inserted to AD from HR system - included POSIX attributes and we
> need IPA to read them from AD.

I think idviews are better for overriding POSIX attributes for a
specific set of hosts, but in your environment, it sounds like you want
to use the POSIX attributes across the board.

> So my questions are:
>
> Is it possible to read user's POSIX attributes directly from AD - namely uid
> ?

Yes

> Which atributes can be stored in AD ?

Homedir is a bit special, for backwards compatibility the
subdomains_homedir takes precedence. The others should be read from AD.

I don't have the environment set at the moment, though, so I'm operating
purely from memory.