On 04/11/2016 11:32, Brian Candler wrote:

I notice that both ipa-server-install and ipa-replica-install have the following option:

--mkhomedir create home directories for users on their first login

but I did not supply this option in either case. I believe the actual options I gave were:

ipa-server-install --setup-dns
ipa-replica-install --setup-ca --setup-dns --forwarder x.x.x.x /var/lib/ipa/replica-info-*.gpg

respectively.  Is this expected behaviour, or should I raise a ticket?

Supplementary note for the benefit of the list: I tried manually updating the replica machines' PAM configurations to match, but I then got this error

org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.redhat.oddjob_mkhomedir was not provided by any .service files
Last login: Fri Nov  4 11:36:07 2016 from x.x.x.x
Could not chdir to home directory /home/brian.candler: No such file or directory

All the machines had the same packages installed, including the "oddjob-mkhomedir" package. But the slaves were missing a single symlink. Solution was:

ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/oddjobd.service /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/oddjobd.service

Regards,

Brian.