Hey,

On 22.11.2016 06:33, TomK wrote:
Hey Guy's,

I'm forwarding a domain dom.abc.xyz from a Windows Server 2012 over to my dual Free IPA server. The Free IPA servers are authoritative for this subdomain. The Windows Server 2012 DNS is resolves on abc.xyz and forwards dom.abc.xyz.
Do you have configured proper zone delegation for subdomain dom.abc.xyz? Proper NS and glue records http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch9/delegate.html

I cannot ping dom.abc.xyz. Everything else, including client registrations, work fine. If Free IPA is authoritative on dom.abc.xyz, should it not create DNS entries so the sub domain can be pinged as well?

What do you mean by "ping"?

/etc/resolv.conf also get's regenerated on reboot on the IPA Servers and wanted to ask if you can point me to some materials online to determine where can I permanently adjust the search to add dom.abc.xyz to the already present abc.xyz . I wasn't able to locate what I needed in my searches.

I'm using the latest v4.

It depends on what are you using, probably you have NetworkManager there that is editing /etc/resolv.conf

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/67752/how-do-i-add-a-search-domain-using-networkmanager/

Martin