Receiving huge list of entries is not a cheap operation, that's why there is a default max limit set to 100/2000 entries. You have to count with that. Maybe direct AXFR from DNS may be more suitable for you, to get the complete list of DNS records per zone. But if you are fine with speed, memory and CPU consumption on server side, there is no issue why dnsrecord-find shouldn't be used.

Martin