On 22.12.2016 09:37, Maciej Drobniuch wrote:
Hi Martin

Thank you for reply.

1. The dig is returning proper PTR record. I've added it manually to the zone and it's working.

I was asking for SOA and zone name, IMO there is nothing secret about reverse zone name from private address space

what returns this command on server?
python -c 'import netaddr; from dns import resolver; ip = netaddr.IPAddress("10.0.0.165"); revn = ip.reverse_dns; print revn; print resolver.zone_for_name(revn)'

2. The problem exists while adding host entries or A records with "create reverse" option.
That's why I asked to run dig, the code uses DNS system to determine zone.

3. If I'll bind a host with ipa-client-install the PTR record gets created in the reverse zone and it works
Ok

4. The resolv.conf file has only the IPA server IP addres/localhost added.

Have you changed it recently?

Martin

Cheers!
M.